Young but already very experienced, very ambitious US digital agency DarwinApps is looking for a Tech Lead. At DarwinApps there is no place for routine, boredom or regular projects. Only wide variety of the projects - from leading business continuity solutions to non-profits building a brighter future for people and the planet, - the brightest designers, engineers and marketers, new challenges every day, ebullient energy and drive and desire to conquer the world.
Or at least the whole US market.
Your position would be to lead the developers, devops and project managers of the company in various projects of our customers, to advise on challenging tasks, to do research where needed, and to help troubleshoot various issues with the sites. The subjects you’re going to cover include, but are not limited to:
- Software development;
- Relational databases;
- Web security;
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS and/or GC);
- Search engines like elastic search / solr;
- Static site generators;
- Linux Administration.
You are not required to be proficient in any of these, but basic understanding is needed, as we work in all these areas across the whole lifecycle of customers’ sites. From time to time you will need to be present at the meetings with the customers as a technical lead, so good spoken English is a must, not to mention that all the external email communication is in English only.
- Deep understanding of software architecture and development in general;
- Deep understanding of all the technical aspects of WWW functioning - DNS, SSL, reverse proxying, caching, load balancing, etc.;
- Version control systems - Git, git flow;
- Good spoken and written English;
- Willingness to work in, or close to EST time zone work hours;
- Ability to get hands dirty and implement or fix things if all the developers are busy.
Good to have, but not required:
- Understanding of virtualization using Docker;
- Understanding of Martech integrations, including, but not limited to Google Adwords, Salesforce, Hubspot, Eloqua;
- Search Engine Optimization;
- Understanding of headless CMSes - Contentful, Sanity.io;
- Laravel, Livewire.