At Satellite, we are looking for a driven, smart and ambitious Senior/Lead Software Engineer to join our team to work with a US-based education technology startup! You’ll immediately begin working with a growing, NYC-based startup that helps teachers better manage their classes and delivery better outcomes,About Client: Ribbon is a NYC-based company with the mission of helping student-facing staff scale their impact to serve more students and deliver better outcomes. They are building the “operating system” for student support, starting with a set of free tools for teachers (and student success teams) that maximize insights and minimize busy work to help teachers focus on what they do best - understanding and building relationships with students.Ribbon is backed by some of the best investors in the industry including: SUSA Ventures, Kapor Capital, Emerson Collective, BrightEye Ventures, CityLight, and PrecursorVentures along with angels/advisors in leadership roles at 2U, Emeritus, Google, Stanford, Arizona State University and more.Client's website - https://www.ribbonedu.com/
Your responsibilities will include:
- Software development on Ribbon’s flagship product
- Backend is Rails 6 API on top of PostgreSQL.
- Current frontend is a Google Sheets add-on (uses Apps Script).
- Integrating external data sources to enrich Ribbon’s data and analytics layers.
- Leveraging modern testing techniques to deliver school staff a product they can trust to get their work done.
- Writing clean, maintainable code that can be understood by the entire team.
- Participating in code reviews and deployments through multiple environments.
- Helping Ribbon’s CEO/CTO and leadership team translate business context into system architecture and ultimately a platform.
- Working in an agile, startup-oriented development process that will involve rapid iteration and frequent change.
You’ll Be A Great Fit If You Have:
- University degree (ideally in computer science, mathematics or physics).
- 4+ years of professional work experience in software engineering.
- Strong verbal and written English language (tutors will be provided to assist!).
- Exceptional ability to organize work and excellent follow-through.
- Experience working on a tested code base and contributing tests.
Why Working at Satellite is Awesome:
- Competitive compensation.
- English-speaking environment.
- Opportunities for rapid career development in a hyper-growth startup.
- Sponsored career development.
- English lessons.
- Sport compensation.
- Medical + Dental insurance.
- Cool office in the city center.
- Additional 3 paid sick days.
- Flexible work start time.
- Coffee, fruits, snacks, etc.
- Gifts on birthdays, holidays and special occasions.
- Lots of unforgettable team-building events.
About Satellite: Satellite builds dedicated engineering teams for successful American and Australian companies. We find and nurture the most driven technical talent for our clients that build innovative products and look for the truly best people to join their teams. Since we opened our office about two years ago and raised $1.8M, we already grew to a happy family of 80+ people and built a number of exciting partnerships for which we continue to hire a variety of roles.