This position is a senior management role for a candidate who is motivated to combine the art of leadership with the art of programming. This position requires the capacity to problem solve complicated issues in sophisticated software systems. You will build innovative products with our collaborative, cross-functional teams, drive code quality and foster cross-team collaboration. As the #1 Telemedicine provider in the world, your work will be seen and used by millions of people each year.
- Provide oversight, mentoring, guidance and review code quality.
- Foster collaboration between local and abroad development teams to drive consistency across all departments.
- Review and analyze software operations to identify areas of potential modifications and improvements.
- Advocate, evangelize and implement modern software engineering & agile best practices.
- Work closely with business steak-holders to translate business requirements into epics / stories / sub-tasks for the development team.
- Hands-on application development and optimization.
- Document product requirements and create architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with systems/platforms.
- Manage a team and mentor the junior engineers
- Receive business requirements from partners and drive engineering process to estimate, manage expectations and deliver on commitments
- Represent the IT point of view in meetings with internal and external stakeholders as needed
- At least five years of relevant work experience required
- At least two years in a leadership position required
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process required
- You have great technical savvy and intuition and coach your team to make good technical decisions while not allowing perfect to get in the way of good.
- You have exemplary and effective mentoring skills
- You embody the entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to drive change and think outside the box.
- You have full working understanding of Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc
- You have experience with cutting-edge cloud technologies
- You can consume and utilize new languages, design patterns, APIs and toolsets.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- HIPAA/HITRUST/Sarbannes-Oxley experience a plus.
- Able to speak directly and maturely with a different groups (Product Development, Engineering, Management)
- Sees things from a user's point of view, and figure out the best system flow to implement requirements.
- High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties.
- Curious and flexible about new technology choices and approaches.
- Able to learn and apply new concepts and tools rapidly.
- Consistent and organized.
- Timely and eloquent communicator.
- Focused on helping the team, and improving the health of our members.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Higher in the STEM fields is highly preferred
- 8+ years’ experience writing production code
- Stable salary
- Annual bonus
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Macbook Pro as working instance