Mapbox Minsk R&D center (OOO MapData) enables navigation for people, packages and vehicles. Our underlying maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time.
What We Do
Joining us as a C++ Developer, you'll play a key role in developing software/tech for complex navigation systems for cars.
We are looking for smart, fast learning team players who are driven by the idea of enhancing and developing core and essential components of current and future implementations of navigation ecosystem here at Mapbox.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the product development for a core navigation library. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing clean, fast code to implement new features;
- Designing and implementing new features;
- Creating core components for cross-platform usage;
- Implementing real time algorithms running on low power embedded hardware devices as well as mobile platforms;
- Thinking through the best ways to solve particular technical challenges.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience in software development;
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification;
- Strong knowledge of the standard libraries;
- Passionate about programming and have a strong focus on performance aspects;
- Knowledge of C++14 standard is appreciated;
- Knowledge of writing a cross-platform code is appreciated;
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of platform specific package managers and cross-dependencies (iOS, Android);
- Knowledge of basic localization and navigations concepts (bearing, dead reckoning, electronic horizon etc.);
- Experience working with IMU and OBD II data.